As much as I love winter and the darkness that comes with it, I adore spring and the transition to summer. I love wearing layers which is why winter is more idea l for me but spring and summer brings me a little challenge of layering pieces without sweating to death. Zara is one of my go-to places to buy clothes from so here are some items I will have my eye in the up coming seasons.
- Long Blazer with a Belt. Blazers are another item of clothing common in my wardrobe but usually black, navy blue or grey. I love the style of this blazer with the waist belt. One concern is the colour because obviously white is easily dirtied and stained but I really want this is my closet simply because of the styleand formality of it. It is also available in a mustard colour
- Crossover Jumpsuit with Belt . I’ve never owned a jumpsuit but I’d definitely like this to be my first one. The cinched waist with belt, v-neck and most importantly, pockets are what is really standing out tot me.
- Long Linen Blazer. This long linen blazer jumped out to me because it is something I would get in a much larger size so I can wear it as a jacket instead of a blazer. For me, this is a little too long just to wear alone. It would look far better layered on top of a dark blouse.
COATS & JACKETS
- Masculine Coat. I have always had a soft spot for coats of this style but I never seem to be able to find one particular name for it. Anyway, this jacket has been on my radar for a while. The colour is neutral and again can be worn in casual or formal manner.
- Wool Frock Coat With Double Lapel Collar. The collars on this jacket really stood out to me as well as the overall shape of it.
- Piqué Sweatshirt Dress. Recently, I have been wanting to incorporate more dresses into my lifestyle simply because they’re quick and easy to put on. I really like the look of this sweatshirt dress because it reminds me of wearing an oversized jumper.
- Ribbed Dress With Polo Collar. The style of this dress is elegant and again flexible for different occasions. The button-up style of this dress adds a certain innocence and simplicity to it.
- Long Striped Tunic. The colour combination of this tunic dress works so well despite seemingly clashing. This dress is a perfect winter to spring transition piece.
SHIRTS & BLOUSES & TROUSERS
- Shirt With Ruffles and BowI love versatile clothing because there’s nothing worse than having clothes that you can only wear on a few occasions. For me, this blouse can be casual or formal. It appears to be comfortable and loose but can be tied at the waist still showing a feminine figure.
- Trousers With Scarf Belt. Trousers are always my go-to in terms of pants because they’re comfortable and I rarely wear jeans which limits my options slightly. So, I am always looking for pants with various styles and cuts. The design on the waist segment of these trousers innovative and different.
There are several hundred pieces in the Zara spring/summer 2018 collection bur these are the ones that suit my style/ wardrobe the most. I do hope I have the chance to invest in some of these pieces.