I had another craving for fried chicken but this time on a burger and some fries. Since I have been making a lot of bread recently I decided to make the buns myself.
For the bread buns, you will need:
- 2-4 chicken breasts (depending on how many people you’re making this for)
- Bread crumbs
- Hot and spicy chicken coating
- A skillet
- Olive Oil
For the bread:
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 Packet of yeast
- 1 Tablespoon of salt
- 1 Tablespoon of sugar/sweetener
- 2 Table spoons of pepper
- 2 Cup of flour
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Olive Oil
- a whisk/wooden spoon/something your comfortable mixing with
- Rolling pin
Fried Chicken Method
- Pour a lot of olive oil into the skillet so that the chicken is full covered in oil when frying.
- Chop the chicken breasts into thick slices.
- Pour a little milk all over the chicken followed by the hot and spicy chicken coating and bread crumbs. Make sure all of the chicken is covered
- Put the chicken into the skillet and use tongs or chopsticks to stir and check on the chicken.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Pour the warm water into a the mixing bowl followed by the yeast and wait five minutes. (Whilst you’re waiting you could make the garlic butter)
- Once the five minutes are over put the flour, sugar/sweetener, salt and ONE tablespoon of pepper into the mixing bowl.
- Stir this mixture until there is no moisture left. If the dough is still damp, add more flour until it is dryer.
- Once you have finished you should have a ball of dough. Coat the dough lightly in olive oil and wrap in cling film. Wait 10 mins – 1 hour depending on how hungry you are.
- Take a medium size chunk of the dough and roll into a circle. When this is done make sure the bottom is flat the top is round like a semi circle.
- Put into the oven for 15-20 mins on 180-200 degrees.
- Cut in half and your burger buns are ready.
Enjoy with some fries, vegetables and sauces of your choice.