To be honest, I had no idea it was World Gin Day but it was still early enough for me to participate and create something.
Luckily, I had all of the ingredients I needed. I based this cocktail on a gimlet which is one part sweet lime juice and 4 parts gin.
I had the gin of course, just not the lime juice. However, I did have lemons and honey which was a great substitute. So here is what I came up with.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- Lots of Ice
- 200ml of Gin
- 150ml of milk
- 100ml of water
- 1 teaspoon of greek yoghurt
- 1 Banana
- A handful of frozen blueberries
- A handful os raspberries
- 1 tablespoon of ginger
- some mint (fresh or already grounded)
- 1 lemon
- A blender
- Put all of the ingredients into the blender apart from the mint and lemon and blend.
- When it is all blended pour into glasses and squeeze the lemon into them and mix with a spoon or straw.
- Sprinkle ginger and mint on top.
- Cut one slice of lemon the cut the lemon until the centre so it can hang on the glass.
- Enjoy your gimlet cocktail!