We are 10 days into June now and I have not done as much worthy cooking as I had hoped but I am going to try to change that. Today, I made some bread but only because I had some extra dough left. I was planning to just throw something in the oven but I was asked to make pizza again so I thought ‘Why not?’ I made a pepperoni pizza this time and if you’re wondering how I made my pizza and pizza sauce, here is a link to my previous post. Pizza Recipe.
Once I finished making the pizza, I didn’t want to just leave it in the fridge until I think of something else to do with it so I made some peppered bread with garlic butter which went down very nicely. You will need:
For the bread:
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 Packet of yeast
- 1 Tablespoon of salt
- 1 Tablespoon of sugar/sweetener
- 2 Table spoons of pepper
- 2 Cup of flour
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Olive Oil
- a whisk/wooden spoon/something your comfortable mixing with
- Rolling pin
For the garlic butter
- 4 Tablespoons of lightly salted butter (less or more depending on how many people you are making this for)
- 3 Tablespoons of garlic seasoning (or you can use garlic cloves)
- 50ml of Olive Oil
- Pour the warm water into a the mixing bowl followed by the yeast and wait five minutes. (Whilst you’re waiting you could make the garlic butter)
- Once the five minutes are over put the flour, sugar/sweetener, salt and ONE tablespoon of pepper into the mixing bowl.
- Stir this mixture until there is no moisture left. If the dough is still damp, add more flour until it is dryer.
- Once you have finished you should have a ball of dough. Coat the dough lightly in olive oil and wrap in cling film. Wait 10 mins – 1 hour depending on how hungry you are.
- Roll the dough out until it is flat and slice into 3, 6 or 9 pieces depending on how many you want to make. (I made 2 so 6 pieces)
- Roll the cut pieces of dough back and forth until they are like stretched out sausages.
- Line 3 pieces together and attach the top ends of each piece together and then plait. Repeat if necessary. (If you do not know how to plait just make a baguette or some other shape of you wish).
- Use the other teaspoon of pepper to sprinkle all over the op of the bread.
- Put into the oven for 15-20 mins on 180-200 degrees.
Garlic Butter Method
- Place butter into the bowl and mix with a fork until the consistency is smooth.
- Pour the olive oil into the bowl and mix followed by the garlic.
- Continue mixing everything is mixed together.