Pesto in one of my favourite pasta dishes and usually I buy the pesto sauce from a superstore, but then I thought back to last year when I was living in Italy and how amazing fresh homemade pesto was. So, I decided to make pesto myself and now I will never buy pesto again.
I’ve been making classic pesto for a few weeks now so I decided to try something a little different with it this time and add spinach to the recipe. Usually, I add spinach to the pasta and then the pesto, but this time I blended it into the pesto.
You will need:
- 150ml of pure olive oil
- A hand full of spinach
- A hand full of fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon of basil seasoning
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100 grams of pine nuts/almond nuts
- A little salt
- A little pepper
- Mixed Herbs
- A blender
- Pour the olive oil into the blender followed by the spinach, basil, basil seasoning and the nuts.
- Crush both of the cloves and put them into the blender too.
- Sprinkle some salt, pepper and mixed herbs over the contents in the blender.
- Blend to a crunchy or smooth consistency depending on how you like your pesto. (I prefer mine to be smooth)
- Enjoy with past of your choice. I would recommend fusilli.