Crêpes on a Sunday morning is a must for me. I see Sundays as a day to wind down and have time to yourself before returning to the harsh light of reality also known as Monday.
You will need:
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 and a half cups of plain flower
- 1 tea spoon of butter of any kind
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of vanilla extract (or any flavouring you prefer)
- A pinch of salt
- A blender
- A frying pan of course
- (1 egg if you wish. I do not use eggs in my crêpes. No particular reason.)
- 1 Lemon/Sugar/Sweetener/Honey/Anything you want really
- Turn onto the cooker onto a low heat and put in some olive oil. Make sure the olive oil is evenly spread. You may find you need to do this for every crêpe if the pan loses moisture.
- Whilst the pan is heating up, put in all of the ingredients mentioned in the list above and then blend.
- Pour an even amount of crêpe mix into the pan and turn the heat up slightly. Once it has solidified turn over and cook the other side. Fry until golden brown.
- Once you have made your first crêpe put it under some foil to maintain warmth whilst you make the rest of you crêpes.
- Enjoy your crêpes with any toppings of your choice.