In this era of independent coffee shops and personalised Starbucks coffees, herbal tea and its benefits are underrated despite having existed since the second century.
Jasmine tea has a green tea base but can also have black or white tea as a base. Jasmine blossoms are used to give an aromatic jasmine scent as well as a sweet after taste.
- Helps digestion and promotes weight loss. The antioxidants help to increase the metabolism. Therefore the metabolic rate is more productive and exercise is more effective as the body is processing nutrients quicker
- Boosts your immune system. Jasmine tea is great for the immune system because it is high in antioxidants. The main antioxidants found in Jasmine tea are called catechins and they help to prevent diseases by detecting and destroying harmful agents.
- It contains caffeine. Depending on the type of person you are, this can be a benefit or a drawback. If you’re looking for an alternative to coffee then try drinking Jasmine tea but if you’re looking for a beneficial tea sans caffeine then there are plenty of others out there.
- It relieves stress. The aroma of Jasmine tea helps to relax and reduce stress. However, the scent of Jasmine does not sit well with everyone and can cause someone who hates the smell to feel anxious.
- Prevents cancer. Jasmine tea has shown to reduce the risk of breast cancer and lung cancer because it contains polyphenols which defend the body from free radicals and other harmful or carcinogenic invaders in the body.